Good news for the A5+ device owners, developers like iH8sn0w, winocm, SquiffyPwn and others have released the much awaited p0sixspwn utility, an untethered jailbreak for ios 6 (works for all A4 and A5+ devices). For iphone users who are already have a tethered jailbreak on their device can download and install the p0sixpwn (0 is a zero) from cydia and you are now untethered. After the cydia install do not forget to reboot your device.
Devices Supported for ios 6 jailbreak :
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
- iPod touch 4g, iPod touch 5g
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, 1st gen iPad mini
Note : Before beginning the jailbreak please disable the passcode for your device.
To jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 6.1.3 – iOS 6.1.5, follow these simple steps:
1) Get your device updated to iOS 6.1.3 using preserved baseband ipsw created using sn0wbreeze if you don’t want to to loose your baseband specially if you use ultrasn0w to unlock your device.
2) If your device is not carrier locked you can skip step 1 and do an OTA or itunes update for your idevice with iOS 6.1.3 – iOS 6.1.5.
3) Go to official p0sixspwn website
4) Download Mac OS X (10.7+) jailbreak utility.
5) Open the p0sixspwn ios 6 untethered jailbreak tool.
6) Plug in your device to your Mac
7) Click “Jailbreak” and follow the on screen instructions
Only a Mac utility has been released for now. The Windows utility is expected to come soon for ios 6 jailbreak. We will update you on the windows utility as soon as it is available.
Update : The p0sixpwn utility for untethered jailbreak ios 6 for windows is released and you can download it from http://p0sixspwn.com/. The procedure remains the same as in the case of Mac jailbreak utility for the ios untethered jailbreak.